28 April 2010

P57 = Physique 57 = PAIN but pain is good right?

So, the breakdown of P57, this is a studio in NYC that I had read about a while ago but I had no interest in going into the city to take an exercise class...well they have dvd's now so I got them to try this miraculous workout.  A dvd that kicks your ass?  I had a hard time believing it.  An important note for any of you that may not like aerobics, you do not jump around in these, they are controlled movements that build bone density and muscle.

The first time I did it I was in P.A.I.N...hoping that it would soon be over and she said and there's your warm up...OMG  I was dying.  Now, right now I am all for a challenge so I am challenging myself to DO this and complete the entire workout.  Currently I have to stop and start through the standing "seat" section because for some reason my body won't hold all my body weight on ONE leg while in a controlled fashion extend my other leg and "pulse" up and down and the ab section I CANNOT for the life of me hold my legs straight up in the air for this length of time - I have lost all of my flexibility.  The challenge of actually completing this is enough for me to do it even though I hurt for the day I do it (thanks thigh section).  My thighs SHAKE in revolt during the thigh section..no lie, they actually say that if your thighs aren't shaking you aren't going low enough...wow..something to look forward to.

You need an exercise mat, hand weights and the playground ball as props.  You need a sturdy chair because this workout uses the ballet barre for stability while doing these crazy ass moves.




This is the workout that Kelly Ripa completely transformed her body with at the age of 37, I figure I have 3 years on her so I should do really well...HA! 

For a SUPER funny blog post about going to a P57 class read this:
 http://www.motherhoodinnyc.com/i-took-a-physique-57-class-and-lived-to-blog-about-it

All in all, I am loving the results, a half inch in ONE workout?  I literally measured myself the morning before I did it and then the next morning around the same time and a half inch was gone?  I have no idea if this did it but now I am all about getting my shit in shape so I can look better and I will put up with 57 minutes of torture to do that. 

You can do a trial of the whole package for 7.95 or something, where they send you all 3 dvd's and the playground ball then after 30 days if you don't return it its another 45 dollars, which I don't think is bad given all that you get.  You can get them here:    http://www.physique57.com/free-30-day-trial

Good Luck if you do it, its worth it.  I mean just check out my "after" picture.


No comments: