28 May 2010

Things are going...slowly.

But I know that every day that I exercise and take care of myself that I am doing something good.  I haven't lost any more weight and no more inches lost but I believe I am building lots of muscle.

I have added spin classes to my regimen which definitely do kick your ass (like for real) I have never before felt as though I had humped a piece of aluminum.  I have gotten used to it now and no longer have the pain that I felt for days after that first class.  I was interested though to find out what kind of calorie burn I do in a day so I have purchased a polar heart rate monitor.  I am going to wear it for 24 hours to see what I burn in a normal day and then I can back down on calories from there.  I wore it to spin class yesterday and even though the teacher told me I would burn about 600 calories in the class initially, I only burned 389 total for the 45 minutes.  Its pretty cool though, the HRM tells me where to keep my heart rate for burning fat and it keeps weekly goals for the 3 training zones.


Other than that I am just enjoying time with my little one and laughing at all the awesome things she says.

No comments: