29 December 2009

Worst Birthday ever...

So this year was my 34th birthday and I feel old..ugh but really the worst part of it all was how it all went down.  I don't expect to be waited on hand and foot anymore but someone making an effort would be nice.  Karl got home at 8 after a stop at the rite aid in between the house and the train station to get me some cards.  Me and Olivia had a nice day with a nice lunch and all but it was the lack of people caring what my day was like that pissed me off.

Its as if I don't count anymore I guess.  It wasn't special, it wasn't what a birthday is supposed to be.  Maybe my expectations are too high but it just used to be better.  My mom forgot until I reminded her and I don't go into that whole long mess of a story and her excuses, its just not worth it.  We went to a late dinner and didn't have a cake but a brownie sundae with a candle. One of the reasons I have a birthday is in order to have a carvel ice cream cake...I love them.  Karl didn't make that effort and it just annoyed me, I would never let a birthday go without time and love put into it, even for the others.

I miss my dad, he always made it special.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

:( I'm sorry. Birthdays suck here too. For me anyways.